Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity

Using with JBL MP418SP

tdilltdill Posts: 2
edited January 2008 in PA Connectivity
Hey...
I'm new to the Drive Rack...so don't be too rough.

I have two JBL MP418SP 18\" subs. They have a Crown CS2000 power amp built in (one side powers the sub...the other powers to tops). I also have two EAW KF300 tops. I run the system in stereo by having one sub on each side that powers itself as well as the EAW on top.

How should I set up the DRPA...with the following issues...(which may not be issues at all).

1. The subs already have a crossover built in...(I believe 125...).
2. The output that powers the top is crossed as well.

Also...I already have the Behringer RTA mic. Is there a difference that is worthy of getting the DBX-M.

I know that these a questions that have probably been answered...but I could not find them. Also I could not access the \"OLD FORUM\"...which I've seen many references to.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Tim

Comments

• kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    I read the literature on the M418SP... Did you already purchase a DRPA?... I could be wrong but don't see the application for a DriveRack here unless your willing to purchase an external amp for your tops...2cents.gif

Kevin
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hi Kev...tdill...
    True, but the DRPA still makes an excellent EQ both GEQ and PEQ wise, does have limiters, and delays, although limited...still better than most anything else in it's price range..

thats...my$.02

G
  • creechcreech Posts: 1
    I have this exact same system (though Mpro415's instead of the EAW's) and was sold the DRPA and told to \"just turn off the crossover\"...

I'd really like to use it for the EQ and Limiter functions. Is it possible to set one of the three outputs to the complete bandwidth and then use the EQ and compressor/limiter functions?
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I've studied the manual and have no idea why JBL put a two channel amp in there with no way to access each side as a separate side. Crazy.
    Anyway.... Yes, just config as passive tops and no sub. You'll want to use the HPF at about 40hz BW18 (the sub does show one). You'll have 3 PEQ's available plus all other features.

Good luck.

DRA