Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

AFS WHITH DBX IEQ 31

louislouis Posts: 3
edited September 2007 in dbx Archive General Discussion
Hello, sorry for my bad english:
I'm searching a person who can give me information to use DBX IEQ 31 and especially the AFS fonction:
I don't understand the different fonctions in the menus (\"system locked\", \"6 live-6 fixed mode\",ect.....
How can i know if the AFS is running?
the color of the \"AFS\" led does it mean the different state of the AFS?

Comments

• Options
    the AFS button color indicates the four options for the AFS operation:
    unlit = AFS off
    green = low 1/10 octave filters
    yellow = medium 1/20 octave filters
    red = high 1/60 octave filters

the AFS has multiple operational functions, which are selectable by the user.

system lockout = disabling the frequency slider control

live filter = the 12 filters are applied as needed and lifted after a given time period, determined by the user.

6-live/6-fixed = 6-filters are live and 6-filters are fixed, which means the filter frequencies are established by the unit as needed and retained, whereas the live filters are applied as needed and lifted.

The best way to know that the AFS is functioning is to cause \"feedback\" and listen to how the unit/system responds. Also, if you watch the AFS button LED you can see it flicker if/when it is functioning during system operation.

all of the information you need to know is in the manual, read it thoroughly and repeat, it makes more and more sense each time...

R~
  • Options
    thanks, a last question:
    How can i determine the time period for \"live filter\" function?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Click here for the manual ftp://ftp.dbxpro.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/E ... manual.pdf
    look at page 2.

Hope this helps.
    DRA
  • Options
    AFS live filter lift times (as is plainly spelled out in the aforementioned manual) are user selectable as:
    [short]10-minutes and [long]60-minutes.