Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Connectivity

Connecting Lap top Via snake

Proud dadProud dad Posts: 22
edited September 2007 in 200 Series Connectivity
I followed the forum postings and cut the DR 9 cable provided with my 260 and put xlr conectors Male on end and female on the other. Bought a new lap top, Redy to go to night and have my lap top at FOH via the snake. 1 problem. I cant conect the DR9 cable to my new lap top. The lap top has a female 15 PIN. lots of adapters out their to chose from. I need a Male to Male / what type ? (15 to 9 pin) (9 to 9 pin) VGA t- DIV? im lost now.

Comments

• GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, here is what we have to this point... as far as I know...

http://www.wombatsound.com/dr260/usb.php

There is also an old post by Tom Cram that says the Belkin USB and Aten units worked also.

I'll do some more checking
    Gadget
  • Gadget wrote:
    Well, here is what we have to this point... as far as I know...

http://www.wombatsound.com/dr260/usb.php

I'll do some more checking
    Gadget

The new Lap tops all have windows vista. That may trow a wrench in it.
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    VISTA SUX...

I'd shitcan vista and go back to XP pro...

Sorry.. not sure what to tell you, I sent a query to the tech dept...we'll see
    G
  • Thanks for the help evryone. Im sitting at a gig and the sound is sounding realy!! good i will say the 260 is the best peice of EQ i have purchased for my PA. I got the drive rack running throw my snake after lots of running around this weekend between GIG,s Not much sleep latly but Sleep is over rated :P 5 Shows this weekend, The biggest inmprovement i have noticed is the vocals clarity and volume :D O and the Subs are really kicking right now to cream ,Stepping out drum solo was awsome.
    Will post later with how i got everything run throw the snake and windows vista on my lap top 8)
    You guys Rock.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Great to hear! :P
    Give us an update on your final crossover settings, etc.

DRA
  • kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Proud dad wrote:
    The lap top has a female 15 PIN.
    Chances are that 15-pin is for an external monitor... Most newer laptops do not have 9-pin serial connectors... You will have to go with an USB to 9-pin serial adapter...

Kevin