Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Using DRPA W/B52 Pro Matrix 2000

ktmriderktmrider Posts: 6
edited September 2007 in PA General Discussion
I currently have two B52 Pro Matrix 2000 systems that I want to use for mobile small venue shows. Is the DRPA compatible with these systems?

The Matrix 2000 is a 3/Way system that has three built in amps and has it's own built cross overs and compressors. It is designed to take two full range stereo inputs. I would like to use the DRPA to control them as well as use use the AFS and Auto EQ featues. Is this possible with the DRPA?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Yes, It will. Simply set up as a 2 x 2 (stereo, full range), \"custom\"speakers and amp, with no sub. and have at it.

DRA
  • Options
    Excellent...Thanks for the help. :D

So I can just set up as full range through any two of the six out puts or should I do it through the L/R High output?
  • Options
    The 2x2 defaults to the high outs. Not to confuse, but......, you could set-up a 2 x 6 (stereo tri-amp) and then use any of the hi / mid/ lo pairs. Even if you did that you would still want to use the high outs because they have 3 PEQ's compared to 2 in the others.

DRA

PS - Setting gain structures for powered cabs is not possible in the traditional sense. However, most powered cabs that are in the wizard end up with the amp level knob around 50%. Another clue is to use noise from the cab as a helper, but typically 50% should work for you.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.

You have been a big help.
  • Options
    Glad to be of help. Check out the FAQ post at the top of the main page. Lots of good info for you there. Some of it does not directly applied but some of it is priceless.

DRA