Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Best mike to use for driverack rta

tbetleytbetley Posts: 20
Also does the mike come with an interconnect or does the user have to supply?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Mic cable? no
    Clip? yes
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hmmm

Somethings missing here? Like the original question...If the question is what is the BEST mic... that would be an expensive question..er solution...BUT the best bang for the buck is the TR 40 by Audix.
    Gadget
  • Options
    Can any mic be used in a pinch such as an SM57 or other common mic?
  • Options
    Send the mic you want to use to a lab that has a perfectly \"flat\" room at all frequencies and have the mic analyzed to establish a pick-up curve. Of coarse they will have to have some perfectly flat speakers to reproduce the pink noise. Then when you pink the room with this \"in a pinch mic\" mic, all you have to do is compare the results of the room with the results of the lab tests and using simple math compensate for the difference. Now, if the mic's difference is more than 12 db off then the AFS won't finish. In which case, all you have to do......
    In short, no. :?

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Wow :shock:
    Thats the longest NO I think I've ever seen... :lol: Your back in rare form Dra...

G
  • Options
    Gee, thanks for your \"help.\"

What a great forum you have here...
  • Options
    Slo, I've asked that same mic question in the past. I try to keep it light when I can, or use a little reverse psychology. This is a great forum, so don't be a stranger.
    DRA