Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

HELP ME WITH MY PA

1timeranger1timeranger Posts: 2
edited September 2007 in PA General Discussion
I am currently in a 5 piece rock band. I currently use a DBX 231 EQ. Now I have been researching the driverack pa and have a few questions as I am a guitar player not a pro audio guy.

Here is my Pa
Allen and Heath Mixwizard run stereo with 5 IEM mixes out of the AUX Ch's.
DBX 231 eq
Two Mackie CR1530 Mains
Two Mackie SR1500 Subs

I run the system using the mains and subs chained using the internal crossover. So in other words the signal from my board runs through a left xlr mic cable and onto the stage VIA a cable snake and same on the right so only to have one cable per side out of the snake ,it is very plug and play! With this set up would their be any benefit to the drpa? Is it possible to tune the mackie mains with the signal going thru the subs via the crossover? I want to make this setup as simple and plug and play as possible but be able to tune a room quickly with no feedback.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    DRPA to be useful as a x-over will REQUIRE 4 channels on your snake. On the other hand the 260, with computer control, can be controlled from the mix position (or wherever the computer is, on top of your guitar stack, for example) using only 2 channels of your snake.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    YOU CANNOT TUNE A ROOM!

You can run the DRPA in the amp rack and then use only two sends

yes the DRPA would make a LOT better crossover than the passthrough in the mackie...

Gadget