Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

DR setup for cret 8200

elbillyelbilly Posts: 8
edited October 2007 in PA General Discussion
I have the following setup:

1 driverack PA
2 crst 8200 for mid
1 crest 8200 for sub
1 yorkville ap6020 for sub
2 yorkville woofer elite 2152 per side for mis/high
2 yorkville sub LS1004 per side
1 qsc RMX800 for driving the high compressor

I'm learning to play with the DR now, but someone programed my DR and I notice that even though the yorkvile is less 200 watts rated that the crest 8200, it is punching more powerfull my subs. I started to read the spec sheet for boyh amps and figured out that the AP6020 has an input sensitivity of 1.4 ( an exact number supllied by the driverack on the wizard config for a macrotec crown 5000) and the crest 8200 has a 1.8 vols sensitivity.

WHat I belive is that because os that output voltage from the DR, the impedance match is an issu.

Can somebody help what I can do to correct this.

Thanks

Can sombedy help to find out, h

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Have you set up the gain structue as described in the FAQ > Welcome post?

DRA
  • Options
    not really. I'll do it tonight and post the results.

Thanks for your fast response
  • Options
    Can you send me the link please to download the procedure for gain adjustment
  • Options
    ok, I got it already frommanual. I'll do something tonight and check
  • Options
    The manual is a little unclear at times. The post is in quite simple language and step by step instructions.

DRA
  • Options
    ok, I've aleready made some adjustment with the gain structure but now , when I turn my master fader up, I'm getting a disturbibng hum frequency aroung I guess 80 HZ. I have been told the DR can attenuate some frequencies if programed to do that.

How can I set it up to reject some specific frequency?

Thanks
  • Options
    Is the hum there if the DRPA is not connected? (Board straight to amp?)
    Do you have a good earth ground? If you are as dry where you are as we are here, thy this... Take a water hose and drench the ground at your ground rod.
    Also try lifting the ground.
    What other components are patched into the board?

Last resort... pull frequencies down with the EQ. Start with 60hz, then 120hz.

Good luck,
    DRA

Any other ideas, Gadget?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Are all the audio components on the same circuit..mixer, amps, DRPA

Is there something backline thats also not on the same circuits thats DI connected?

Did you do an auto EQ and is the low end boosted WAAAAYY up

Eliminate things one at a time till the culprit reveals itself

When did the humm start?

Gadget
  • Options
    The hum is gone. One of my sub amp yorkville ap6020 had mal function channel. It looks that was the problem.

I have another question, i replaced my sub amp and installed a crest 9200. Do I need to change my setup in the driverack?

the drive rack doesn't bring that amp as default, which is the best setting to choose, custom or a crown equivalent?

Also, what is the the best sensitivity setting for it, if the manufactures says it has an input sensitivity of 2.35 V?

Also my sub bos has crossover freq of 115hz, what would be the setting on the xover driverack , BW? DB? etc

I'll really appreciate it.

I can't say that I have had a good experience with the driverack, it's not paying off yet with my system
  • Options
    I also must say that the hum started when I turn the master up
  • Options
    One custom amp is the same as another in the set-up process.
    The input sensitivity is not needed for the set-up for custom amps, so use the manfu rec's if there is a switch on the amp.
    You will need to do the gain structure of the new amp just like you did for the 6020. By the way, that should not be espensive to have fixed if you have a local repair shop.
    Have you downloaded the EP2152 processor manual and used the graphs to help you tune the system. Here it is http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/manu ... cessor.pdf
    The graph will show the slope and such for all components. Slope should be LR 24. You need to do a lot of test to see what best works for you. The manual will also show the recommended sub delays (5 msec) for the 1004's assuming that the 2152's are stacked on the 1004's.

Ther is a learning curve with the DRPA. When YOU figure out what you are doing you will love it.

DRA