Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Phase adjust for mono sub?

dbxdbxdbxdbx Posts: 12
edited September 2007 in PA General Discussion
Hi all,

I've read some about how important it is to get top and sub drivers pushing and pulling in sync, which may mean slightly delaying one signal or the other via DRPA, etc. That's easy to picture when they're sitting on top of each other....but what about when a single sub is in the middle of the stage setup...between the tops on either side ?
In that scenario, how do you get the phasing/sync thing right btw tops on the sides and the single \"mono\" sub in the middle? ...or do you skip signal delays and leave everything \"natural\" ( i.e not worry about it..)?

Also...I only have access to a Behringer RTA mic at this point ... will that be OK in a pinch ? or is that is nightmare in the making?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Well I now see that you answered the question I asked back on your other post. (single sub in the middle)

With the DRPA you are limited to Delay times of Seconds- 0.00-10.00 ms,
    Feet- 0.00-11.3 and Meters - 0.00-3.43. Fine adjustments are made in 20uS increments. Coarse adjustments are made in 21uS increments.

When you set up start at 10ms on the sub and then sweep it backwards until it sounds punchiest. It is very possible that 10ms is the best you'll get, but remember you can always physicall move your speakes and accomplish the same thing. Try re-auto eq-ing and see if there is now a cut at the x-over point.

DRA