Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Broadcast Mix

SoundoctorSoundoctor Posts: 3
What would be the best piece of gear to place on the broadcast output of a simulcast mix? I have a driverack pro, but im not too thrilled with it. Does anyone know the optimum settings for a broadcast mix output? I cant seem to find anything online. Help!

Paul

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hmmm,

I was an engineer for a 100,000 watt public radio station here, so I have experience... but what specifically are you speaking of? Is this some remote setup your doing a live show with simulcast? Is it a narrowcast, or uplink or what? More info about the setup, and the particulars if I'm going to be able to help...
    Gadget
  • Options
    Im looking for gear that you put on the stereo output for a mix used for: Fiber transfer from one building to the other, DVD recording, video and audio uploads for podcasts video podcast like youtube. I just want it to sound level for those applications. Its sort of like what you hear on your TV set at home. Not surround or anything, just the output level to be even across the board.

Thanks for your response.

Paul
  • Options
    Would be interested in your reponse, I run a 5watt Low Powered FM station here in NZ. Using various sourses of audio. I broadcast to the public thru SAM 4 (Sam Broadcasting Software) More designed for internet broadcasting but will do at the Moment.... Oh and it all comes out of my Sony Vaio 1.73GhZ Laptop!!

I have posted a similar question and require similar answers.... Have the 166XL on order but can hange should this not be the one for the job!!

Brucey :D