Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Mobile DJ CONFIGURATION HELP!!

I am a mobile DJ, i have JBL JRX115 cabinets. QSC 3600 amplifer, and a MRX-518 sub. I want to run the speakers parralel from the right channel and power the sub from the left channel. How do i configure the drive rack.. EQ settings for the sub and speakers.. and Especially CROSSOVER settings for sub and speakers.. all help will be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    I have the plx-3602 amp to be specific. if there is any other info you need to help me please let me know.. I mainly need help with the crossover for the sub...
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Select 2x3, all custom or if your speakers are in the menu then fine...Set a bw18@ 45 hz(HPF an LR 24 @ 118 hz (LPF) for the subs, set an LR 24 @ 125hz HPF. Use either \"hi\" out for the tops, and the \"Left\" mono Lo out for the subs.

Do a gain structure, (read the Welcome READ ME BEFORE POSTING\" section and see how many questions it answer.

Gadget
  • Options
    Gadget wrote:
    Select 2x3, all custom or if your speakers are in the menu then fine...Set a bw18@ 45 hz(HPF an LR 24 @ 118 hz (LPF) for the subs, set an LR 24 @ 125hz HPF. Use either "hi" out for the tops, and the "Left" mono Lo out for the subs.

Do a gain structure, (read the Welcome READ ME BEFORE POSTING" section and see how many questions it answer.

Gadget

Why couldn't I get an answer like this? :?
  • Options
    Ok Eddie.. now I understand....

First off...you hijacked someone else's thread ( not a big deal... but...)

Second, you didn't read the \"READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING\" or you would have known the if you didn't ... you probably wouldn't get any answers... (since thats the FIRST thing stated in the forum....) I am the moderator, and the good folks here... DRA, Kevin, Mark, and all the rest that give of themselves, only ask that you do your homework first because we answer the same question THOUSANDS of times...and all you need to do is follow the links...read the material... and then ask specific questions that (we can tell) may deal with your specific equipment...and...\"Tell me what this _____enter model here... should be set at\" questions ... well they speak volumes...about the lack of preparation (learning what the modules are, and what they do, and what your equipment is... and can use that the Driverack can provides...

I'm sorry but we won't just give it all to you because then you have no idea WHY....

Gadget
    Moderator...
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Devil,
    Just curious. Why do you want to run your set-up like that? What advantage are you trying to gain?

DRA
  • Options
    Fanman20Fanman20 Posts: 223
    Hi Dra

Devil posted on 23rd Dec 2007

Eddie hijacked Devils thread. Jun 17, 2008
    I want to run the speakers parralel from the right channel and power the sub from the left channel.

Suspect there will be another underpowered set of speakers
    plx-3602 amp to be specific
    QSC 3600 amplifer
    Not sure what amp was running what.

O well seem like he didn't return any way. Only posted twice
    Mark
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks (for nothin')
    8)
    DRA
  • Options
    Well.. I guess when that happens you know that SOMEONE has used the \"search\" function :!: :? I thought it was pretty good news that the PX has been spared the POP factor though huh? :D Now if we could just get a portal that they HAD to go through that would ensure they read the RMF section at least they might provide the system information so we don't have to dig...

Gadget