Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING FAQs
Options

Computer to Driverack com. w/o serial coms. Vista compatable

GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
edited January 2008 in FAQs
Ethernet to DriveRack PA/260 Connectivity

The possibilities for talking to your DriveRack are endless with Ethernet serial device servers... With these devices you can program your DriveRack from anywhere in the world!...

The first device I’ll comment on is the Digi One SP... This unit is perfect for connecting your DriveRack via Ethernet... This connection could be as simple as one directly from your laptop to the DriveRack, or it could be from anywhere around the globe... Suppose this unit is connected between a DriveRack and the LAN of a house of worship... You could connect to the DriveRack from any network point in the building... If this house of worship had a Netgear VPN router a remote connection could be established over the Internet using VPN client software... Imagine this: you could be sitting in your office or hotel room and programming a DriveRack that's hundreds of miles away!... It would look and feel as if were right in front of you... You can also make the same connection via wireless Ethernet by using the Digi One Connect Wi-SP... If you had several DriveRacks (up to 16) in the same system you could use the Moxa NPort 5600...

We have used Digi One and Moxa serial device servers on several automation projects and they have worked flawlessly... We have also established several VPN connections for clients, and including the one between my office and my home...

Kevin Pippen - President
Automation Authority, Inc.

Now, if you are still getting a cold shoulder from the driveware interface, try this post and see if a software version is causing a glitch in your connection:
http://www.wombatsound.com/dr260/usb.php

I personally have been using a no-name el cheapo $12 USb to serial converter found on New Egg...but as to the plug and play factor I cannot comment on (your mileage may vary) since it worked... plug and play on my sons Dell, but my Compaq required some effort to get it up and running.