Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Ok...lets see if this tricks anyone

DJ SteelDJ Steel Posts: 5
edited January 2008 in PA Connectivity
I just purchased a DBX Driverack PA. I have a QSC RMX2450 amp, and a Peavey 1.3K amp. I have 2 Cerwin Vega INT252 dual 15 horns, and 2 Peavey DTH S4 dual 15 horns. It doesn't describe how to hook these up.

Help!??

Comments

• Options
    kpippenkpippen Posts: 551
    Your system's outlined on page 227... You didn't get the master hook-up manual?...
  • Options
    No all I got was the Quickstart Guide and the user manual and its only 43 pages long. Where can I get one of those?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    In the spirit of your topic...you were tricked...:D

Unfortunately there is no master hook-up manual...

Seriously,...the manuals for your amps, speakers, and DriveRack combined should give you more than enough information regarding the \"hook-up\" of your equipment... If you don't have the manual for a specific piece of your equipment it should be easy to find and to download off the web...

Cheers!

Kev
  • Options
    Ya got me! LOL. Just never was sure on hooking up these speakers since they have built in Crossovers. Can't very well overide them. However the set of Peavey speakers have 2 plugs in the back one of which says Bi-Amp. So who knows. I don't......LOL
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Now Kevin.... be nice!

Steel, the DRPA hooks up to the amps and the amps hook up to speakers. :D

Sorry couldn't help it.

Set up a CUSTOM 2 x 3 or 2 x 4 set-up. As Kevin suggests use the manuals with your gear to help you set the x-over filters.

Guessing somewhere around 40 - 50hz (BW18) & 90 - 120hz (LR24) for the subs and 90 - 120 hz (LR 24) for the tops. Put the more powerful amp on the subs.

Read the entire READ ME FIRST section. If you don't, you'll probably want to sell the DRPA for 10 cents on the dollar after your first gig.

You have not made a mistake in getting one. But you DO have to know how to use it. READ READ READ!

DRA
  • Options
    The Biamp connection probably allows to to run a 4 conductor speakon to the sub and then jump staight up to the your top cab with a 2 conductor out of the biamp.

DRA
  • Options
    For the help fellas! I will write back if my hair turns blonde the day I decide to read it....LOL
  • Options
    OK :roll:
  • Options
    Now Dra.... be nice!
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Oui vei when did I loose control of this bus...If your gonna use those full range they aren't gonna play nice together...I can't believe this is happening ... again...
    Gadget
  • Options
    Yikes, I didn't read that close enough I guess. I thought he had dual 15\" top cabs and dual 15\" subs (the ol' \"V\" loaded cab). I guess I have to start looking up every cab that is listed if the cab config is not s-p-e-l-l-e-d out in the post. Now the biamp input remark makes a lot more sense. I take back eveything.

Sorry guys,

DRA

PS - I have a ser #45J34 speaker and a #K23L0OP amp. What should I do with them. :wink: The speaker has small holes on the back and the amp has red & black things. How do I connect them? By the way I'm in Tibet and do DJ'ing for Yehti family reunions. :lol:
  • Options
    The first thing that came to mind when I read the topic name (\"Ok...lets see if this tricks anyone\") was TROLL...
    \"Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.�
    This why I posted (master hook-up manual) to see what kind of response I would get...:lol:

I wasn't going to waste my time on this one...

Kev
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    My thoughts exactly.. couldn't even find the Peavey tops.. even at Peavey...found references to them, but nothing particular.

Mr. DJ use one or the other... not both, if you do that we can help , if no your on your own...your choice...and if you want to biamp them, we'll need all the info on the speakers, and their components... and the amps...otherwise read up and learn why theses will not play nice together...

Moderator...