Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Transfering settings

StuStu Posts: 5
I have a question about transfering the results from the eq wizard.
My setup is a driverack 260, crown xls806 amps and JBL mrx 512 tops with mrx 528 subs all are in the wizard,and the config. to 2x4. The wizard sets my crossover, limiters, and post crossover PEQ.
In doing the indoor method, I set the eq wizard
at 0db,high and flat, and record the data for three passes. I am not too
familar with a PEQ.

So my question would be, do I leave the post PEQ on during the
\" pinking\" and how do I go about entreing the data from the GEQ
into the PEQ. And is the data entered into the post PEQ or a pre PEQ

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Have you read the Welcome posts? Gone to the various links and searched out PEQ like @ RANE, and PSW? Also in the \"search\" field here try keyword searches, as I know DRA and I have both posted working examples of the procedure. I just don't have time right now. Get a working understanding, (BTW the POST PEQ only...you need the GEQ for the RTA process...) play with it a little (read the \"new indoor method\") and understand that you must have a \"measurement\" mic, not just any mic...

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Simple answer to whether to leave on the PEQ on or not is... Yes, leave it on. That the whole purpose. Imagine pinking and not turning on the PEQ's, then, re-pinking. You're getting nowhere fast.

DRA

READ
    READ
    READ
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Oh ya.. forgot that part.. kinda fractured right now.. got a million things going on. Thanks Dra...

G