Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Speaker arrangements

whuntreewhuntree Posts: 14
Hi gang,
I've got a big outdoor gig coming up at our showgrounds 15th March. The main act is Antiskeptic. They have their own sound Guy & that's cool with me as it allows me to play around & sweeten things a bit.

I have available (want to use) for the show;
6 x JBL SRX725's (4 ohm, 1200w cont) each driven by one channel of a Crown itech 6000 (3000w/4ohm)
6 x JBL SRX728S's (4 ohm, 1600w cont) each driven by another 3 itech 3000's as above. I realize the bottom end is light on power :( and will pull the tops back accordingly.
I have the 260 :D as well as a swag of other gear.

Prob #1. How do you think I should stack the speakers? The stage is about 6 metres (40') wide.
Prob #2. I would be greatfull for any suggested crossover points.

Regards,
Rod.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Three per side and tight together and try and keep the coverage patterns from overlapping, because you will have comb filtering wherever they do.. If you had two more I'd put 2 over two with the ones on top UPSIDE down so the horns couple.. but...

Put the subs all together in the center if you can and then you can use power shading if needed, hopefully you can get the tops up high enough or hang them... delay the tops to the subs...Do your gain structure,( see the \"Welcome\" and FAQ sections) set your LIMITERS to BRICK WALL so their BE can't hurt your stuff... then they get what the system can offer and NO MORE...

Good luck getting much over 12K from those speakers... I can't believe that JBL did that with those...I think it's inexcusable! But thats just me :evil:

Gadget