Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Program List -- Setup

Art DearingArt Dearing Posts: 7
edited February 2008 in PA General Discussion
I'm curious as to the difference between \"Program List 3) Stereo 2Way\" and \"Program List 4) 2Way w/mSub\" and \"Program List 6) DJ Setup\"?

Am I correct in the following assumptions?

Setup 2Way w/m(mono)Sub -- Gives you more subwoofer impact than either Stereo 2Way or DJ Setup.

How does DJ Setup differ from Stereo 2Way?

Could someone explain the differences? :roll:

Thanks,

DJ Art

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, that would require a DRPA right here in front of me, which isn't available right now.. but I can tell you how to find out...

1. press the Xover button and see where the crossover points are, what the slopes are and the LPF and HPF's are... note the xover configuration mark them down...

2. press the EQ button, scroll through the various PEQ's to see what, if any PEQ adjustments were made.. bet there are none

3. See if there are any Delay settings using the Delay button and scrolling around...bet there aren't any

4. compare your findings for the various setups... bet there isn't much....

That should answer your questions...if you have a DRPA available to look at that is.. It's also a good way to learn to navigate the system as well...

Gadget
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget.

Good :idea: ...plus a form of self-tutorial.

By the way, I did end up getting rid of the Mackie 1530's for a pair of Yorkville 750P's. I was able to compare the Mackie 1530's side-by-side with the Yorks. Even though the Mackie's were 3-way when compared to the Yorkville 750's at above mid-volume, the Mackie's began to distort. The Yorkville's sounded much better at mid-volume and I still had plenty of gain to push them. And, the Yorks weighed 1/2 as much as the 132 lb Mackies and were 12\" shorter. I was able to lift the Yorks at 62 lbs, by myself, and put them on crank-up speaker stands, too. :roll:

I have a pair of RCF 800A Subwoofers (400w ea) that I will use with the Yorkville's next weekend at a large ballroom. I'll use the RCF 200A mains, too. However, I look forward in the near future to comparing the RCF subs to the Yorkville Elite LS 700P subwoofers (2 x 10\"), like when I compared the Yorkville 750's to theMackie 1530s. :wink:

Finally, what can you tell me about the new Driverack PX? Where can I find a viewable source that lists the active speakers that were used for presets? Since I own ALL powered speakers, perhaps I should swap out the current Driverack PA that I now own? :!: