Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

DBX with Full Yourkville setup..

HimHoeHimHoe Posts: 2
edited March 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have been looking at getting a DR for my system for a while now and have been building a few questions that I am hoping can get answered here. Before we start, here is a run down of my system.

4 Yorkville EF500P - Powered 15\" tops
4 Yorkville LS800P - Powered 18\" Subs
4 Yorkville NX550P - Powered 12\" Monitors

Currently I have been running the system with the built in x-over in the speakers.

Q1: Is there a setting for these speakers in the DRPA?
Q2: How much am I REALLY going to gain by running a DRPA?
Q3: Can I possibly run a 2nd DRPA on the monitors or would that be un-nessesary?

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, for the powered speakers I might consider the new PX series...the problem is there isn't complete independent operation here. The 260 is the lowest model with independent channel operation throughout...Will the DRPA and PX series work? yes, but I think you need a 4 in 4 out processor for the monitors alone (or 2, 2x2 processors...) and another 2X2 processor for the mains..unless you intend to go mono...Even though the DRPA and PX series have 2 in 6 out, that doesn't mean you can run separate mixes for the 6 separate outs... for your application you would probably be best served by a 8 in 8 out processor...and there are those. but they aren't cheap...I think the least expensive is the Xilica processors, and they have some great specs.. the thing is, if you want the full features of the Driverack, you have no other options...Most processors have GEQ's OR Peq's but not both... none that I am aware of have the Auto EQ..AFS and xovers and all the delay, and phase of the 260 and up. So questions?
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Do you run stereo mains (required?)?
    How many monitor mixes? 1, 2, 4?

DRA
  • Options
    I was wondering if DBX plans on upgrading their built in speaker list to include more Yorkville settings. Specifically I own 2 Yorkville EF500P powered 15\" tops and 2 Yorkville LS800P powered 18\" Subs. These seem to be Yorkville's best powered equipment. Any info? Thanks,Paul
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Very unlikely. They only recently added 2 peavey lines and not even the very popular SP series. Unless harmon buys Yorkville you'll probably never see it.
    Those tops have internal processing. All you need to do is pick a x-over point. I'd recommend 95 to 100 LR 24. Add a 40 hz HPF BW18 and give a little bump (3-6 db) with the 50hz bass boost. Set the top HPF to 40 and the subs LPF to max. That is of course if you plan to use the DRPA as a x-over.

DRA