Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

zc 1 with with 70v on 260

danajdanaj Posts: 4
Just installed dr260 on Church system. Loving the results in the main auditorium. But i am having issues getting desired results from zc1 on the 70v distribution system for the hall ways and classrooms. Would like any ideas. I am getting sound from the speakers but the control does not seem to do anything but the dr260 says the zc is conected.

Comments

• Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    danaj,

Try setting the cut to \"40\" dB. If you need a little more, set the boost to 10 dB, then bring the xover gain down 10 dB.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks. For some reason i got it stuck in my head that both the cut and boost only went to 10db and i never even tried to take the cut over 10 and i was trying to to use the zc as a boost instead of cut. It makes a whole lot more sense now. For a while i was thinking i bought the wrong control for my application. Thanks again.
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    You're very welcome. Glad I could help. :D
  • Options
    would you use agc on the 70 v or is that going to screw with the zc? The 70v seems to die off much faster than the mains so i was thinking of turning the agc on the 70v and the assist listening. would this all make sense or am i going to negate my zc doing this. I guess one thing i do not understand is at what point in the signal chain is the zc affecting things, the very end or is it right after the xo, and is the only real point of gain control for each output at xo or is there something i am missing. I have gone through and done a full gain structure on the system several times (I keep reading more on better ways to do it so i keep tweaking it) but I need a little more gain going into the 70v than what is coming from the mixer. The house is great but the 70v is weak. Of course it might mean i need a bigger amp on the 70v, which should be helped when i split the 70v in 2 by separating halls from classrooms. Sorry i am wordy but this one is bugging me.