Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

JBL System Configuration

n_mahendrann_mahendran Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in PA Connectivity
Dear ALL,

I am new in this forum. I need help. I have the DRPA but it does not have the parameters for my speaker set-up. The following crossover set-up configuration are required.

1. SR 4726 A (bi-amp mode)
2. SR 4726 A + SR 4719 A (tri-amp mode)
3. SR 4733 A (bi-amp mode)
4. SR 4733 A + SR 4719 A (tri-amp mode)

Is there any method to update the DRPA to cheive the above.

I hope some one would be able to help me out.

Thank you

Mike :)

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Did you notice the \"Read me first\" section. Must read information. It is not \"rules\" on posting, but a guide to 90% of your questions. Keeps us from answering the same questions over and over and over and.... You get the idea.

Anyway, there are two things that you can do.
    In the training module section above, download and install the Driveware GUI software for the 260 and the updater. It will help you \"see\" what you are doing in the DRPA (x-over, PEQ's limiters, etc). For your application, the wizard will recommend x-over points / slopes and PEQ settings for bi-amping the tops.
    The other thing is, go to the JBL site and download the PEQ and x-over setting for those cab's / combos.

Personally, I'd do both.

I've already looked at the PEQ's for your cabs and the DRPA does have enough filters in each band, so you good.

DRA

PS - I believe that you can send the DRPA back to DBX for an upgrade, but a waste of money in my opinion. If you insist, be sure to contact them for confirmation that your cabs are in there.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    It never ceases to amaze me how JBL speakers need so much equalization in a DSP, but they can \"do it all\" in a passive crossover? You'll need to evaluate what PEQ's were used and see if you can duplicate the biggest ones and then maybe GEQ the rest...or as Dra suggests get a unit that has all the PEQ's and delay necessary.

G
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    DRPA does have
    Gadget, did you mis-read that.

The 26 cab needs 2 mid and 2 Hi PEQs. Approx .2 ms delay on the woof.
    The 33 cab needs 2 mid and 3 Hi PEQs. Approx .3 ms delay on the woof.

So he should be OK, at least as far as the wizard says. (and I know how much you love the wizard) :wink:

DRA
  • Options
    Dear ALL,

Thank you for the feedback.