Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Gain Staging per Channel

WitchsMarkWitchsMark Posts: 116
edited March 2008 in PA General Discussion
Great tutorial here on Gain Staging from the Mixer down, but what about individual instruments/channels?? Right now I use my PC to run Pink Noise through Channel 8 to set the Mixer clip points, but what about the channels I gave that have vocals/guitar/keyboard etc. Would I for instance run Pink Noise through my Guitar Rig and then adjust the Trim Pot on the Mixer for that channel accordingly?? The singer actually goes through a Vocal Processor, so would I run pink noise through that and set the clipping on the processor first and then move on down the chain to the Mixer and adjust Trim Pot accordingly??

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    NO! Not sure what mixer you have but chances are it has a PFL button on each channel, that should rout the output from that channel to the MAIN METERS so you can set up the channels gain...If you have the aux sends and channel strips to do the job...you should run all effects out of AUX sends.. into the effect processor, and out of the processor to an unused channel on the mixer ..usually the last few.. and often stereo channels...I hope it isn't one of those \"Purple\" dinosaurs from Digitek...I HATE those things!

Gadget