Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

DRPA (3 way?) Mono Mains with Powered Sub and Mono Monitors

TravisGTravisG Posts: 3
edited March 2008 in PA General Discussion
First of all, I am in a Southern Gospel male quartet which travels weekends with very little budget to work with. We use a Mackie 1402 Mixer to drive our seperate Main and Monitor mixes. I currently run those feeds through an Alesis MEQ 230 (graphic eq) before the amps. (I do a manual \"pinking\" using an antique DOD RTA analyzer/pink noise generator)

Prior to purchasing the DRPA I located and read an alternative configurations document with had this setup listed but can not find it now. I have searched everywhere I can think of to no avail. I am desperately hoping one of you awesome folks would be willing to either point me to the document or help me configure the DRPA.

Main mix-mono to DRPA
Monitor mix-mono to DRPA

Hoping to Auto EQ/Crossover main mix to:
Carver 420 power amp (in dual mono mode) driving 2 JBL Eon 1500 Mains
and 1 JBL EONSUB G2 (Powered Sub)

and also Auto EQ monitor mix to:
Carver 420 power amp (in dual mono mode) driving 2 Stageworks SSKFP0206 floor monitors

If any one could lead me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative (and even pray extra blessings on you!)

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    hmmm... well, it is possible I guess, though I have never done it..

Select the Wizard... do a 2x3 custom setup...\"unlinked\" stereo, selecting custom for all speakers and amps...press the \" program \" button. This will load your custom program...press \"xover\" and select crossover...
    Set an HPF of 45hz BW 18 as the lowest point the sub goes.. set an LPF of 111.4 hz LR 24 that will be for the subs...
    Set an LR 24 HPF @118 for the tops
    Hook the DRPA left hi out to the input on the Carver
    Hook the DRPA's Left mono lo out to the powered sub
    hook the right hi output to the monitors amp...
    hook the main outs from the mixer to the Left input on the DRPA, and the aux send you use to send the monitor info to the right input of the DRPA...

now your hooked up and crossed over...Read the \" Read me before posting \" section... especially \"Start here\" and set the system gain structure as best you can...and the Auto EQ sections...
    Now I'm not sure where you do it but you will do the Auto eq and when it says \"Not Done\" you need to switch to the other input channel and do the other auto EQ...This should give you the ability to Auto eq each input separately...

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You could gain a little flexibility (separate PEQ's for mains AND monitors as well as filter variance if desired) by setting up a 2 x 5. Mains (hi and low - pick a side) and monitors (mid - pick the other side) or hi & mid / lo, or hi and mid / lo. You get the idea.

DRA
  • Options
    TravisGTravisG Posts: 3
    Wow! Thanks for such prompt replies! Thank you guys so much! I will get to work on this first thing in the morning and get back to you on the results. Thanks again! (Oh, and extra blessings on you both!)