Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

260 absoloute delay in to out

blochlineblochline Posts: 5
I currently use the 260 for the mid-woofer to high section and have a sub that runs through a different setup. The sub and mid-woofer to high speakers are at different locations and I would like to time align them to each other.

Therefore my question is does anyone know what the input to output delay is for the 260 when all of the delay settings are zero?

I expect the delay may vary depending on how many processing modules are in use but any idea of what that range may be would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    edited March 2008
    we know for sure that when using an LR 24 filter that 7.5 ms was measured in SMAART... as for the others... we have no empirical data...

Why not follow the alignment procedure I specified in the READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING?

Reverse the polarity of one of the drivers (horn or lo mid) overlap the crossover point a bit, play a tone @ the crossover point and sweep the delay till the greatest NULL is achieved... that is your delay factor...

Aux fed subs then?

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    There will be some from the x-over, but I am not sure how much. Sounds like a good question for Gadget or Mikey.

DRA
  • Options
    Dra... your fast... but NOT fast enough! :lol:

Happy Easter everybody...

Gadget
  • Options
    Thks Gadget,

I have done some preliminary delay measurements and the offset appeared much larger than I expected but I was also fighting some room modes depending on the mic location. Using single tone sweeps and MLS both had some variance so this was my attempt to see if anyone had some estimates that I could crosscheck against.

I am using a LR24 and based on what your provided the offset would be signficant ~ 2.5m. This would claim my latest measurements may be ok.
  • Options
    Ya,
    A few years ago no one wanted to admit to the latency... of late industry luminaries have been coming forth with their findings and even the \"big boys\" XTA and the like have 5-8 ms of delay through the devices...

Gadget