Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

Outdoor AutoEQ/Parallel Speaker question

WitchsMarkWitchsMark Posts: 116
edited April 2008 in PA General Discussion
Well I'm a week away from getting my entire system to an open field for a day to tweak and do as I need at my leisure. I am hoping I don't have to fight to much with the DRPA to get a close enough Flat response... good thing is I won't have to rush anything and I can take my time.
I noticed that my EP2500 has the following specs:

Output power
20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 0.1% THD, both channels driven
8 Ω per channel 450 W
4 Ω per channel 650 W
1 kHz @ 0.1% THD, both channels driven
8 Ω per channel 500 W
4 Ω per channel 750 W
2 Ω per channel 1200 W
Bridged Mono
8 Ω, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.1% THD 1300 W
8 Ω, 1 kHz, 0.1% THD 1500 W
4 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD 2400 W

Currently I am running my 2 EP2500's [1 running Mids & the other running Lows] and they are both in BRidged Mode. Would it be beneficial for me to run these in Stereo Mode and then re-wire the SP2's so that they are running in Parallel to use the 4OHM option instead of the 8OHM??

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Good grief man! we've been through ALL this before!!!! That would give you WAY less power...
  • Options
    WitchsMarkWitchsMark Posts: 116
    Finally got this system tuned in and it sounds sooooo freaking awesome. I am so very thankful I was talked into doing the Tri-Amping method. Thanks to everyone again and especially Gadget for being so patient with me. I can't even describe how great this thing sounds, but between fighting with it the last 3 months and stressing over the feeling of not getting enough out of my system.... I swear it brought tears to my eyes to hear how awesome everything sounds now. Thanks again all.
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well thank goodness... I must admit I was worried for a while there but I knew you would reap the benefits of this whole thing if you did the work. Keep us informed..
    gadget