Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

using 2 different amps for mains

dewdew Posts: 14
edited April 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
I am wondering how to configure my pa system or the drpa for this pa setup.

2 - Way

Lows are (2) bridged Carvin DCM2000's (2000W bridged) to a dual 18 sub each.

My question concerns the highs:

Peavey PV 2600 (900W per channel) with a respective 215 w/ horn (Peavey TLS 4X 800W program) - on each channel

Crown CE 1000 (450W per channel) with a respective 215 w/ horn - on each channel

I am planning on sending the dual mono signal to the peavey, out of the thru jacks on that amp and then to the Crown CE 1000. (with dual mono again)

HOW DO I SET THE DRPA to recognize or accept the power and/or linking of my setup for the best AUTO EQ, feeback supression, ETC.

And no i cannot bi-amp my full range speakers, and im not having them rewired.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Let's keep this simple.
    Use custom for everything set-up question asked.
    Don't use the Auto-EQ (yet)
    Read the READ ME FIRST section for Gain set-up and other IMPORTANT info. Then, come back with more specific questions.

DRA
  • Options
    dewdew Posts: 14
    I know how to set up my gain structure and limiters.

But say for example if i AUTO EQ and the driverack is boosting the bass and cutting the highs, then i suppose i should turn up the low amplifiers and/or turn down the high amplifiers and then AUTO EQ again right?

As for as connecting my power amps to the driverack, am i correct in saying the best way to send the highs is to:

RIGHT - run the dual mono signal out of the drpa and to the respective left and right on the pv 2600 and then out of the thru's on each channel to the crown ce1000's respective channel

WRONG - instead of alternatively running an output of the drpa to one power amp and the other output of the drpa to the other power amp.

Even though im running dual mono, i suppose keeping the left and right channels the same throughout the system is less likely to confuse the drpa'a automatic aspects
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    The reason were asking you to read the FAQ section is you will find that the reason the Auto EQ is doing what it is would probably be room interaction.. Although I normally see the opposite.. cutting the lows and boosting the highs...Where were you placing the mic? As for the hookup setup, I'd run different amps off different DR outputs... especially since you have MUCH less power with one set of amps...

You also need to provide as much info on the speaker as you can which you would also have found out had you read the FAQ's as requested...

gadget