Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Current Setup

dmproductionsdmproductions Posts: 3
edited April 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
This is my DJ Setup that i am trying to optimize for any and all use's.
One set is SP2A Precision Transduceor:

Max Power 300 W RMS (Program)

150W RMS (34.6V RMS Cont)

Independance: 8 Ohms

Xover: 800 Hz

Other set is

SP2TI Sound Renforcement System

Max 600W RMS (Program)

300W RMS (49V RMS Cont)

Indepence: 8 Ohms

Xover: 800 Hz

I Have 2 set's of both. Current way of using is the SP2 TI on bottom using only the Low input using it like a sub, the SP2A is Bi-Amped normal.

The amps i am using are as follows:
Samson Servo 550 175 watts into 8 ohms for horn's only
AB Interntional 900A 590 watts into 4 ohms per side side A for Mid's and side B for Low's.

Current setting for my Driverack PA is as follow's and this is where my questions are. The Crossover settings are from Peavey's help that i have gotten as well as some basic info on the PEQ. The stuff i still don't know about is how to properly use the crossover.

Here is my setting please correct if you think they should be changed...

GEQ i usually will pink the room and let it eq for me cept for the following i was told to use from Peavey cause they have CD horn's 2K Thru 4K -10/ 5K -4/ 6.3K -2/8K Zero/ 10K +2/ 12.5K +4/ 16K +6

PEQ Peavey Also gave me this advice too: LH Shelf 4.5K/ -10dB/ Q 0.20 - 1.60K/-10dB/Q12.4

Sub Harmonic's are off

Crossover is set as following, Basic info Peavey Provided to maxamize the speakers operating range:

High's: 1.60Khz/ LR12 (Is that the same as 2nd order?)/ 0dB

Mid's: 1.60Khz/ LR 24 (Is that the same as 4th order?)
125Hz/ LR24/ 0dB

Low's: 125Hz/ LR24
40Hz/ LR24/ 0dB

AFS at 6 notches

Compressor Also i need help here not sure if i have this set right.
L&R Combined, Threshold -10/ 2.0:1/ Gain 0/ Overeasy 10

Limiter: High's Overeasy 10/ -10 Gain
Mid's Overeasy 10/ -7 Gain
Low's Overeasy 10/ +10 Gain

No Delay

I love the way it sounds like this if there is any questions about any thing here let me know. I gave as much info as i could that i know.

Spynn

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    If you love the way it sounds what are you asking for? You cannot use limiting AND compression together... one or the other, and I sure wouldn't be compressing an already heavily compressed medium!
    Gadget
  • Options
    I am kind of still new to the whole thing of using processing. How come you can't use both at the same time.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Imagine listening to Dark Side of the Moon, or going to a symphany, or an opera and there were no quiet passages, no sublties, etc. The music producer has recorded the music as he intended it to be played. System compression kills the nuanse (sp) of music.

DRA