Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

Which DBX Driverack to chooseee..

ntizdantizda Posts: 5
I need a little bit of help choosing which driverack to choose for a \"permanent\" install at a church.

i have the driverack pa for my band that i bought a couple of months ago and i'm kinda sad that I bought it :/

but i've been hearing about the Driverack 260 on here and it sounds like it would be better.

But i have been thinking about the 4800 lately which is alot more expensive.
My question is...

Should I go with the 4800 even if its more expensive? is it worth it?

were going to be using JBL Vertec and crown amps.

any information would be appreciated, I'm having a meeting with the Sound company we're buying the equipment from this afternoon to make a final list of equipment we want to use

-ntizda

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Hmmm... not enough info I guess.. I have both, and I must say the 4800 \"sounds\" better, but then thats a subjective thing...Do you have a need for 4 ins and 8 outs? you could run a stereo system, an a couple monitors..
    Or in the case of th4e Vertec \"array\" you could run 4 different ins and do power shading as in a stadium system where the top elements were set up be the loudest and were delayed the most to hit the very top, or farthest seats and the very bottom or lowest modules were covering front rows and were much less loud and not delayed...I guess it depends on the application. The 260 can do some of that too, with 2 ins and 6 outs, it is very quiet and worth many times the difference in cost. There is also the 480, which is in between the 260 and 4800. It has no auto eq or FBX however.

Any specific questions?
    Gadget
  • Options
    ntizdantizda Posts: 5
    we will be running in stereo 3 on a side, hml. The facility is a 500 seat auditorium, and we are running Aviom for musicians and 2 monitors for choir. I'm thinking of the 260, i was just wondering if i have the Vertec do i need the 4800, if not that will give me funds for other things.

thanks gadget for your help
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Which Vertec? note that the tunings are available on the JBL web site, and you could see if the 260 has the PEQ's necessary for proper tuning of the Vertecs because the 260 has 4 bands per output . Remember that a three way design that is TRI amped uses one whole side of a 260, and if you were going to do array shading with a 6 element array that you would need 3 260's.

Gadget