Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

HPR122i 3-Band PEQ settings (so I can load into DR260)

wvuviv30wvuviv30 Posts: 9
edited April 2008 in PA General Discussion
I have the QSC HPR122i and a DR260... I am wondering, what is dbx suggesting for the 3-Band PEQ on the HPR122i's with the DRPX

Also, would like to compare yours against my findings; I am using my HPRs for monitors.

Hard numbers are fine and I'll manually save it on the unit.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Breetings,
    This is a USER forum, DBX doesn't monitor this site unless I bring something to their attention...That said,
    1. Speaker tunings are only appropriate for actively crossed speakers with amps that are typically external. Speaker equalization is purely subjective, not a science. If were talking professional equalization as in an FFT based system that is beyond the scope of this forum unless Mike Kovach is monitoring and I am in contact with him on a regular basis and he is not currently available.
    2. Even Harmon International companies like JBL don't provide PEQ settings for their powered speakers. This would be like broadcasting to the world that their speakers are somehow flawed and actually NEEDED some external processing. Furthermore if were talking flat response every manufacturer displays frequency plots and polar patterns eliciting the benefits of owning their superior products.
    3. If you are speaking of monitor equalization each stage or room would be somewhat different.
    4. There aren't enough users here to provide you with much hope of having that information. You could try the PSW where there is a whole lot bigger community... this is primarily a group of newbies and weekend warriors that hang out here, an entry level site if you will.

Outside of that we would be happy to help in any way. I do believe there is one person here using QSC powered speakers, 'Jonnie' has only posted once though. I believe theses are a pretty new product are they not?

Gadget