Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard

EV MTH 2.5 & MT 2 Low speakers

sl1200ltdsl1200ltd Posts: 0
Hi Everyone,
just asking if anyone could help me regarding EV MTH 2.5 with MT2 Low, speaker tunings for DR260? very old EV models, Amps in use XTi2000 for HI, XTi4000 for MIDs and MA5000 for LOWs. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Have you been to the EV site? Contacted support? If these are of no help, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way (by hand). Use the Auto EQ to tune every thing flat and transfer to the PEQ's.
    Gadget, any insight for him?
    Crossover points are (in my opinion) the first and most important thing to determine.

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Wow... 205 lbs... NOT little and deadly are they...whether or not it be the MTH 22BT, or MTH 94B, or 64 or what ever... the crossovers are 160 and 1600 hz for the 2X1\" horns 2X10\" woofers respectively... I have no info on MT-2, or MT2 speakers so it would be tough to make a meaningful recommendation.

We typically recommend Bw 18 Hipass for subs and you have good power there so whatever the subs can spec would be fine depending on how beat the subs are...Also LR 24 for the lopass and above...
    gadget
  • Hi, I've tried contacting the EV site but they suggested on using their own controller, but I prefer using DR260 for their features, Hi Gadget my MT2 HI's are 2x 2\" EVdh1a 16ohms@ 150w, MID's are 2x10\" EV10dlx 8ohms@ 600w and LOWs are 2x18\" EVX180b 8ohms , how about delays from Mid and Lows?, MID HI Horns are 60x40 and do I need some sort of CD Horn Eq boost? Thanks for your quick reply guys! :D
    I have provided a method of determining proper delay here. It involves inverting the signal of one of the components, in this case either the horn drivers, or the 2, 10\" speakers (first) then play a 1700 hz tone and sweep the delay till you get the greatest null (least sound). Reverse the polarity again (and this can easily be done with the 260 in the output channel module where you can change polarity, and do phase adjustments) and do the same with the sub to mid hi xover point.

What is the EXACT model number of the subs?

Gadget
  • Hi, the exact model is EV MTL-2B with 2x EVX180b woofers, I'll try inverting the signal from the 2\" or 10\" this week and check what happens. Thanks again guys!
    Man I finally found those subs and I'm afraid you may have a hard time getting that setup to sound right...those subs aren't very good at anything much over 100 hz and thus your going to have a big hole in your sound...from 100 - 160 hz...those tops really should have a bass reflex type sub thats capable of reproducing higher frequencies. You really probably need a lo mid box with that system that could cover the 70-200 hz area, then you would have something. but 4 way is a pain to tune...

gadget