Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads Zone Pro 1260/1261 Zone Pro 1260/1261 Software Control
Options

ZonePro Designer with Vista?

kit2000kit2000 Posts: 3
I am gettting an error when I start the GUI:

\"IP Networking is unavailable. Please ensure that no other ZonePRO Designers are running\"

If I try to do a manual scan of the network it throws out the unhandled exception message below.

Of course I have checked that there are no other instances running. This only appears when i run it on Vista and not on any XP system i have tried.

Is there a workaround?

Kit
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at HMG.dbx.ZoneProLoader.NetworkingWizard.NetWiz_Next(Object sender, WizardEventArgs e)
   at ScbSoftware.Windows.Forms.AdvancedWizard.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ZonePro GUI
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/ZonePro%20GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
Networking
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2736.26001
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2736.26001
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/Networking.DLL
ZonePro
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/ZonePro.DLL
dbxNetworking
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2736.26002
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2736.26002
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/dbxNetworking.DLL
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Storage
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2736.26003
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2736.26003
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/Storage.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
AdvancedWizard
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/AdvancedWizard.DLL
Controls
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2736.26002
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2736.26002
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/dbx%20Professional%20Products/ZonePRO%20Designer/Controls.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging=\"true\" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Comments

• Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Hi Kit,

Which version of .Net Framework do you have installed? I would recommend updating if you have older than version 1.1 Service Pack 1.

Here is the link for updating.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
  • Options
    kit2000kit2000 Posts: 3
    Yes, I have the following installed:

.NET Framework 1.1
    .NET Framework 1.1 SP1
    .NET Framework 3.0 (as part of vista install)
    .NET Framework 3.5

Versions 2.0, 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 are not installed as they are incompatible with Vista.
  • Options
    Kit,

Do you still get the same \"IP Networking is unavailable\" message even after you uncheck the \"Ethernet\" box in ZonePRO Designer's Properties page?
  • Options
    Yeah, xonepro software for vista would be great, will the software be updated ?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I doubt it...Vista has been pulled from what I understand...too many issues, that and a class action law suit by Dell has Vista on the rocks.. but I will bring this to Mike @ Tech support for his attention...
    G
  • Options
    Thanks Gadget, it's just a nightmare trying to buy a new laptop in London without Vista now, and my old Win2000Pro one keeps switching itself off !

Also is there any chance of having a 31 band eq module option on outputs, i think it would greatly enhance the useability of the xonepro as it is a lot easier and user friendly to set house eq's with graphics, specially with a mouse...

Thanks Very Much for your swift reply, Merry Xmas
  • Options
    Well.. again I doubt that you will get powers that be to re-write the software..
    at this point.. may be a floating decimal point limitation for this chipset since all the lower level units have the same ones...

Why not simply de-install the Vista and re-install WIN XP? the single best operating system EVER by microsquish...the thing that really makes me angry is that vista allows micorsquish to report back EVERY KEYSTROKE! No wonder it's so slow...'Big Brother' is indeed watching.. I have done this de-install with all my computers and they are stable, fast and relatively problem free...besides...we have most of the problems ironed out with XP...

a very ANTI big brother :evil: user here in screwed up ole USofA...

Merry Christmas brother!
    Gary
  • Options
    Yes brother, what about graphic eq module ? Would be very very good to have...
  • Options
    Hey Guys.

Kit, sorry you are having these problems. ZonePRO Designer is Vista compatible. The reason this is happening is because some other application has tied up port 3804. Send me an email to the below address and I will get you some troubleshooting information that should enable you to find the problem.

mhunter@dbxpro.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.

:D
  • Options
    I am told that this issue should be fixed in ZonePRO Designer version 3.0. If you are experiencing this problem, try updating to the latest version of ZonePRO Designer.

:D
  • Options
    SMDSMD Posts: 8
    We experienced very similar problems connecting to a Zone Pro 1260 as the original poster, receiving the same exact error message in Vista. However, our situation is a bit more involved since we first tried connecting with XP Pro SP3 using both ethernet and RS-232. Before I lay out an enormous amount of detail, I need the answer to a couple of questions, which may allow me to solve the connectivity issue on my own:

1) Does the DBX null modem cable use a proprietary pinout or will any null modem cable work? (we did not have access to a DBX cable)
    2) Is the DBX ethernet crossover cable a proprietary pinout?

We experienced a number of connectivity problems with a single Zone Pro 1260 using SW version 2a-1.100, HW version 02. Sadly, we are unable to connect to make a simple adjustment. We tried both Zone Pro Designer 3.0 and 2.2 in both Win XP Pro SP3 and Vista, using ethernet x-over cable and a "standard" null modem cable. The unit in question is not connected to a network, so connectivity is needed only to make basic software adjustments.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Were answering this via your other thread...

G