Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

JBL EON15 G2 vs EON15

brakesPAbrakesPA Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in PA General Discussion
I've purchased a DRPA - and I'm awaiting its arrival. In the meanwhile, I've downloaded and read the Users manual and was dismayed to find JBL EON15 G2 listed, but not the first generation JBL EON15 (of which I have a pair).

Can I use the G2 speaker tuning or do I have to cook one up from scratch? :|

Comments

• Options
    Fanman20Fanman20 Posts: 223
    I suspect there would be a good reason why they put a new model out the� JBL EON15 G2�

Maybe it has a better freq response??
    Especially considering that it is a active speaker.

I would “cook one up from scratch� and compare it with the JBL EON15 G2 setup

Mark
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    As they say on PSW...\"+1\".

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    You guys crack me up....
    In a powered speaker preset... one provided by DBX.. or JBL or QSC...you get a BANDPASS FILTER... thats it...I loaded the EON15G2 into the GUI and you get a bandpass with BW 24 filters(I assume for their steep falloff) and a sub xover for the Eon sub (assumption #2)... No PEQ's NO delays... looks as if they have set a generic limiter setting....and a 99.2 hz xover point...

When I run the Wizard... which takes less than a minute...I got the original EON15's ...I got a 114.6hz with LR 24 filters and a amp sensitivity setting of \"26\" shown as 9 o'clock position...

I wish I could make people understand that without a preset your probably BETTER off (except in the instance of bi-amp and tri-amp tops) to create a custom setup for your system... especially since it's so simple...answer a couple prompts... if your particular equipment is not listed... select \"custom\" you really don't get much more with the preset (again unless bi-amping..etc)

This is also covered completely in the FAQ section...

Gadget
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    brakesPAbrakesPA Posts: 3
    Gadget. Thanks. u da mann!

I expect to get my PA on Thursday.

Ed
  • Options
    Dra what do you mean by
    As they say on PSW...\"+1\".

Fair call G
    I personally don't play with the custom settings.
    Do any “manufacturing settings� adjust the GEQ.?? (I couldn’t find any)
    Some I notice use the PEQ. (disclosing the inefficiencies of the their speakers)
    Mark
  • Options
    Absolutely not...The ones that do are in each and every case bi-amp or some other multi speaker setup I bet...
    G
  • Options
    There are some (MPro, for example) that passive top with sub has some PEQ applied in and around the x-over region. Some subs also have them,

\"+1\" = ditto, or I agree, or I also vote for that add one to the total, hense... \"+1\".

DRA
  • Options
    Good to see that you can still teach this old dog some new tricks

I like to keep \"up to snuff\" on the young ones lingo. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mark
  • Options
    See how you are... :roll: