Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

New JBL System.. Second guessing myself...

GearHeadGearHead Posts: 2
edited June 2008 in PA General Discussion
I own a JBL MP system. MP415 tops with a QSCPLX3402, MP118SP Subs with a DRPA. I use a AH Mix Wizard. Last week I purchased the new JBL PRXs. 512M on the top as well as the 518s for the subs. As well as the DRPX. (Saves me 200 pounds!) I am very impressed with the tops!

I had a chance to RTA a club I play at regularly. It EQ my tops just fine but the subs are not where I need them to be.

My first question is can I use the PRX515 setting for my 12s? They are very close in specs.

Second question, I am not getting the subs to hit like I would like to. (The SPL Is rated higher on these new subs) It took me a liitle bit to get my old system to where it is now. I thought this would be easy. Should I use my DRPA instead of the PX? Feels like I had a little more controll with the DRPA.
Any help in settings would ease my mind a bit. :D

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Auto EQing subs indoor in a big mistake (see the READ ME FIRST section). Describe the room and placement within the room of the subs.

DRA