Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA General Discussion
Options

QSC HPR Setup

restoreccrestorecc Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in PA General Discussion
I have just started helping a new church plant and need some help adjusting the setup. They have a DRPA in their rack but are currently not using it. What is the best way to utilize this equipment?

We have
1 pair HPR181i
1 pari HPR152i
Soundcraft GB4, 32 channel

What is the best way to set up this system. Does the DRPA have the QSC HPR speakers listed in it for setup.

Thanks for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I want you to go to the \"read me first before posting\" and learn some things.... I have provided there for you a whole host of info that is necessary for proper Driverack operation... it isn't a press one button and ta da! perfect sound... but it WILL make a BIG difference in your system!

Some quick start parameters... Which are already in the RMF section I spoke of...

use the Wizard, all custom... answer the questions as closely to what you have as possible using \"custom\" for speakers and amps ( I know you have powered speakers but there isn't a good preset for your setup).

Set up a stereo 2x4 (or 2x3 if you wish to parallel the subs) (either is fine... I'd go mono and put them right together if at all possible)
    set a BW 18 filter @ 39hz HPF
    set a LR24 filter at 96.4 hz LPF for the sub
    set a LR24 filter at 99.2 hz HPF this is for the tops
    you have NO LPF for the tops so...(it's considered to be to 'out')

READ the material....!!!!!

For this operation you need to sit down with the DRPA and press ALL THE BUTTONS and find out what they do, and how to navigate the interface...YOU CANNOT SCREW UP ANYTHING DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    even if you did you can reset to factory preset with a couple presses of the buttons (HARD RESET) NOTE ... this WILL wipe out any presets you have made... so be comfortable with that! Use the block diagram to get a good idea of how the flow of signal happens in the DRPA... learn what each module does, and what the parameters you can vary are... and do...

have fun! it WILL be worth it...
    Gadget

What is a \"church plant\"?
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    A lot of churches like to put a fern, or lillies at Easter, in front of the pulpit. It adds a little life and beauty to the room.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    And here I was visualizing a church running around looking for a place to \"plant\" itself :shock: silly me...

So does this plant then \"need help\".. other than water and the occasional dung infusion? How do you know when the plant is satisfied :?: Do most plants have a favorite pre-curve? :roll: I had no idea these things went on in church... curious...

Gadget
  • Options
    restoreccrestorecc Posts: 3
    A church plant is a new church. We are just starting and are being helped out from other churchs so that is why it is called a church plant