Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Mackie powered speaker setup

liefstevensliefstevens Posts: 2
Hi,
I just bought a 260 to use with my wedding band and am wondering how to configure it for my setup. I’m using a pair of SRM450 mid-highs and SWA1501 subs for FOH and a pair of SRM450s for monitors. I would like run the FOH speakers in mono on one channel and the monitors on the other. I’m wondering if anyone else has a similar setup and what setting you are using.

Should I run the FOH full range and use the crossover in the subs or use the crossover in the 260?

I see there is a preset for the SRM450 but not the SWA1501 is there a preset I should use? Should I set it to custom and if so where should I set the volume?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I would use the 260 for the xover, set up a 2x3 or 2x4, use the wizard, select the SRM450's and custom subs, Load the configuration (if you don't have the GUI installed on your computer, do so and the setup will be a snap) Once you have the setup loaded, enter the 'config' mode, and 'UNLINK' everything before the crossover, you can change the individual inserts now if you wish.

Right click on the XOVER and select 1X2 and the 'A' input now feeds a 1x2 crossover... output one now feeds channel the 'left high' out, and output 2 says 'right high'...

Right click on the 'right high and select 'left low' from the menu.

Right click on the channel 3 crossover and select 'input B' ( channel 3 is now being fed by input B, and channel 1 and 2 are fed by A...

Right click on the channel 3 crossover box (which is a white box) and select '1x1 filter'.

Right click on the #3 output and select 'output ch3' which will be the monitor outs.

Press the 'config' button again, and answer yes to replace configuration. You have now exited the config mode.

You now have a 1x2 crossover for the mains and a mono filter for the monitors...

Select the crossover and you will see it defaults to a 99.2 hz crossover, with LR24 slope and an \"out\" HPF for the high outs and @ 20.3 hz the same for the subs for all practical purposes. This is where I would have started...Note also a -0- db gain, and that the SRM preset suggests a \"clock\" position for the SRM's volume control.

The subs you will have to adjust for a good balance...

Do a gain structure for the best signal to noise, and to get everything in the same page (pre speakers in this case).

READ the \"READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING\" as there is a tone of great stuff you can learn and use there...
    gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Welcome and excellent choice.

Do a search for \"mackie\", \"Mackie set-up\", \"SRM450\", ect. I recall a fairly recent post with that exact or very close set-up.

I'd guess that you would probably go with the amp level settings as the wizard says and match the level of the sub since they are both mackie mates. Then balance using the sub level knob, if needed.

Also read the READ ME FIRST section.

DRA
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Gadget and those magic fingers. Dangit.