Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Saving Outdoor Auto EQ settings

bobogypsybobogypsy Posts: 17
edited July 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
I have a question re: saving your settings after you have run the auto eq outside to get a baseline setting.

When the Auto EQ is completed the only option on the screen is to exit the RTA. When I press the store button nothing happens.

What is the best way to save these settings? Should I save the GEQ settings or just the PEQ?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    What you do is transfer the GEQ data to the PEQs then re-Auto-EQ to check for flatness. When you are happy then you exit and store, store, store. Somewhere in there it will ask you to name the preset. Make sure that you are in a user preset. I'd recommend #1.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Once you exit the Auto eq wizard, select any of the morules... but especially the 'EQ' and get the GEQ up so you can see what the auto EQ did... a fully cut or boosted band is a sign of some frequency anomaly.. a cancellation, a mode or a null...
    gadget
  • Options
    Thanks, Appreciate the quick response.
  • Options
    Hello again.

I'm having a little difficulty in understanding how to transfer data from the GEQ to the PEQ after auto eq. I experimented with it by these steps

1. I auto eq'd outside using the o response.
    2. After completed I looked at the graph, noted the spikes or dips
    3. Went to the PEQ- flatten-bell shaped and then enetered a frequency. I noticed a peak at the 40 hz on the GEQ so I chose 40 on the PEQ and decreased the gain for the freq using a narrow Q. 4. and then saved it
    4. I went pack to the GEQ to see if the Spike had flattened but it had not.

What should I be doing differently.?
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    you aren't getting it yet... Typically, if the GEQ has a number of frequencies boosted or cut..say 400hz +2, 500hz +5, 800hz +3 you would choose a center frequency of 500 hz +5, and start with a Q of about 1.4...If you load the GUI and play with the PEQ's you will get a good idea what they do...

Now , indoor, or outdoor EQ below 100 hz is suspect ESPECIALLY indoors... in fact ...indoors, anything below 170 hz is suspect...anything above 700 hz indoors is as well and should be done by ear...

As for the 40 hz thing...it could be that your speakers can't reproduce those frequencies, and so no matter how much you boost those frequencies the speaker cannot produce them..

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    4. I went pack to the GEQ to see if the Spike had flattened but it had not.
    Did you make sure to turn on the PEQ?
    Did you select the correct PEQ? It has to be for the output that is producing that freq.
    Did you re-Auto-EQ, or just go back to the GEQ page?

DRA