Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Driverack 260 security level screw up

keyman88keyman88 Posts: 32
I installed the driveware V2.6.2 and also DriveRack 260 V1.600 Firmware and I cant access anything even the wizard because the error message says that \"the security level is not high enough to make the requested change.\" I am doing everything from my computer and not from the front panel. All of the security settings are set to \"low\" and program lock says \"none\" .
I thought that I had put in a password but even when I type it in, I get the same error message. Is there anyway to fix the setting or start all over? I don't even really need a security level on anything because I'm the only one using it. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Did you do a hard reset prior to the download? I haven't done this in a while but I believe that is necessary. I alerted Tech support who should respond today.

Of course, you know you will loose any and all programs stored in the unit by doing this.

Gadget
  • Options
    mikejoeydbxmikejoeydbx Posts: 134
    Hi keyman88,

You should be able to perform a SOFT RESET.
    The soft reset will retain your programs, but will set all utility settings back to their factory default states.

You could also perform a HARD RESET.
    The hard reset will set all settings back to their factory default states as Gadget mentioned.

These procedures are explained on page 66 of the Owner's Manual.
    ftp://ftp.dbxpro.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/E ... Manual.pdf

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up Gadget.
  • Options
    keyman88keyman88 Posts: 32
    You are a big help. I just got the unit and I don't have any programs in it as yet so the hard reset will be fine. You guys are the best!'
    Thanks again