Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING FAQs
Options

My speakers aren't in the menu, BUT the preset is available.

GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
edited July 2008 in FAQs
In this exercise we will download a file from JBL specifically set up for the 260 and JBL SRX715 (bi-amplified) with subs...

Go to the JBL site ...http://www.jblpro.com/tunings/index.htm...open the link (SRX 700 series tunings), select the Driverack 260 settings for the SRX 715 series speakers...there are 2 .dwp files... right click on each individually and 'extract to a specified folder' which you will create on the desktop.. I used the file name JBL... in the folder now you should have 2 files that say...
SRX715BSUB.dwp
SRX715PSUB.dwp

Next hook up the 260 and with the GUI running (when you have the 260 hooked up to the computer via the serial port and cable provided... the 260 icon will automatically appear when hooked up properly ..(if not, it will tell you \"network not detected working offline...) Open the GUI and right click on the top blue bar that says DriveRack260...you will see a drop down menu...select 'import program'....click on that and in the \"look in box\" locate the file on the desktop from the file menu and open it...select the first one listed above by double clicking on it..the program is now in your Driverack and you can open it... It will assume the U1 program position...if you open it you will see it has you set up with a 9 band PEQ, no inserts, and a 3 way xover (biamp tops and subs) with a xover point of 88.4 hz for the subs and 91.0 hz for the tops, you will see a xover for the horn and a 16db cut for the horn (to account for it's efficiency (which tells me the woofers are particularly in-efficient) you will also see that the PEQ's are loaded and the alignment delays are also...

In the Config mode.. (press the config button) you can change the input PEQ to GEQ's (if you like) link and unlink... add inserts, re-distribute the delays.... etc...

You can now store that preset to the Driverack with 3 consecutive presses of the 'store' button... you will need to answer a few questions like ... where would you like to store the preset...name the preset... and do you really want to replace the current program at this location...Remember to store any changes you make in the future also

Don't forget the gain structure, ('Start' Here section))and Auto EQ if you want to see how close JBL came with their preset...

Actually it looks like the other preset is for running the tops fullrange with a SUB...and has no PEQ's or delays...

Remember that the xover point is Dependant on amp power... less power higher xover points...the rule of thumb is 2- 4 times the rated power of the speakers...(See \"Amplifiers...How big,and what is input sensitivity?\")

Gadget