Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

New to this forum - Need some advice

dafreakky1dafreakky1 Posts: 7
Hello everyone,

I have a riverack 260 and need some general advice with regards to getting the best sound out of my system. I have the following system;

1 Soundcraft 24 channel Mixer
1 QSC PLX3402 (Running 2 JBL SR725's)
2 QSC MX1500a (Bridged to subs)
4 JBL EON G2's Fill

The last time I ran this system, I had a problem with the subs being too sensitive and the tops not reaching their peak.
So far I have updated the 260 to include the 700 series in the wizard but cannot figure out how to adjust the gain output/input structure to properly match the amplifiers.
I also did not use the RTA as I don't have a special RTA microphone. Would a shure sm58 or beta 87 work?
Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I bet you haven't read the \"READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING\" section. If you had, you would have seen the gain structure and system setup section...and a whole host of info specifically put there to help you get acclimated to the Driverack.

As for the mic... ABSOLUTELY NOT! you need a ruler flat response OMNI directional mic...

Are you using the GUI to control the Driverack? If not you should be...The 260 has input gain controls, and xoxer output controls to help with gain control setup... If you peruse the FAQ section you will find a lot of good info like:
    Amplifiers...How big,and what is input sensitivity anyway?
    What filter type do I choose, and why?
    Getting started, what first?
    Auto EQ

You better be careful when you mix coverages of speakers because when you do the interaction in the overlap can cause comb filtering and other sonic anomalies.

Again most of what you need to know is there, read up and then if you have specific questions...

Gadget