Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

New Questions for my Driverack 260

dafreakky1dafreakky1 Posts: 7
Before I ask this question, I just wanted to say thank you to Gadget for bringing me to the start page. It's a lot to learn, but I'm making good progres (I think).
Anyways, here it is;
The last time I set up my system, i felt that the subs were working hard, but the bass was non-existant. It was probably a phasing issue.
If my tops are stacked on my subs, can I still get phasing?
If I run my tops down to 50hz and my subs up to 120hz, will it cause any issues with frequency overlap or phasing? (I think I know the answer, but I want some detail please)
Lastly - The RTA - am I using it to eliminate phasing issues or is it just to get the room EQ'd

I'm sorry if these question sound stupid; please bare with me as I am learning. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Absolutely do NOT overlap the xover! the problem with working hard and not hearing the subs could be...
    they are out of phase,(one pushing and one pulling) (set them side by side and if the bass goes away one of the subs is wired backwards.. A nine volt battery across the plus and minus terminals will (if plus is to plus and minus is to - yield an OUTWARD motion of the cone... or if it's just the kick drum that the subs are 3 1/2 feet from any boundary causes a 3db cancellation...
    Gadget