Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

QSC plx3402...Filters &Clip Limiters on or off?

keyman88keyman88 Posts: 32
edited September 2009 in 200 Series General Discussion
I'm using several of these amps for Mains & subs & monitors
(JBL SRX715's)I'm about to set the Gain structure as detailed on this forum, but I wanted to know if I should turn the clip limiters on or off on the amp itself first before doing the gain structure procedure and if I should use the limiters on the amp at all after setting up the gain structure.
Also there is a dip swith on the amp to either set the low freq filter to on or off and if it's on you can select either a 50hz or 30hz filter. Should I use the LF filter on the amp itself at all and should it be off during the gain structure procedure?
Thanks...I'm still new and trying to get it right the first time.
Keyman88[/b]

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    edited August 2008
    I have 3102's and I turned the limiters (on the amps) off .
    I don't use the filters on the amps either.

Maybe Gadget will stick his nose in.
    8)

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    I might stick my nose in here.. :shock: big surprise right? My thoughts are...
    If you turn on the limiter on the amps you will be decreasing the power available by up to 30%...
    I don't like stacking limiters, filters or EQ's The 260 limiters are more than adequate, the same goes for the HPF. I leave em off on the amps and use the 260'd...after all.. how much detail do you think the amp manufacturer gave to the HPF or limiters...

G
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I'll stick by my post above. 8)
  • Options
    keyman88keyman88 Posts: 32
    It seems that you both agree and I'm getting real close to finally hearing the 260 in action. I'll be putting it in my rack tomorrow and trying it out live next saturday. I can't wait. Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Keyman88
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    funny guy... :roll:
    :lol::lol::lol: