Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Using Driverack 260 for home hifi

Hi all,

I have been using my Driverack for frequency shaping and room correction on my home hifi system. I bought this about 6 or 7 years ago and have been very happy with the sound. I use it in stereo with a single amplifier (2x2), but right now I don't have a preamplifier or source selector. My question is:

Can I change the gain for both inputs (or both outputs) simultaneously? (i.e. a volume control).

The only way I have found to change volume is to use the I/O Input mixer, and change Input 1 level for channel A, then move to channel B and change Input 2 level. Then I have to click through all six output channels before coming back to channel A again.

Am I missing something? Or is it always going to be \"dual mono\"? Thanks.

James

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I assume that you are not using the Driveware control. Go into the x-over section and stay in that module. Select the gain and the data wheel becomes your volume control for each channel.

DRA
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. The strange thing is, I just re-read about the Crossover in my User Manual, and it mentions Frequency, Type, and Gain. However on my actual Driverack display, the only options I get in crossover are low cutoff frequency and filter type. If I push the Select wheel, it cycles between frequency and filter type. No gain anywhere to be found...

Any ideas?

I have used my computer to control the Driverack in the past, but again only on the I/O input side.

Thanks.

James
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Well, you aren't getting the whole picture then are you...The use of the front panel controls is tough... especially for us BLIND old sound farts, but you obviously haven't figured out how to navigate the interface, or hooked up to the GUI and done it the easy way...

With the use of the data wheel, and the ,<Pre page, and Next page> and CROSSOVER buttons you need to toggle through the various parameters to find the Frequency, filter type and gain, GAIN being the last parameter on the right of the front panel screen. If you don't have the computer or want to hook it to the computer (CONSIDERABLY easier )try setting the unit on the table and working through all the parameters... It's there i CAN ASSURE YOU...

Gadget
  • Options
    Hi Dra and gadget,

thanks for the replies. I think I have mostly learned how to navigate using the front control panel; I have also used the Driveware application a fair amount. However I don't want to need to use the computer every time I wish to change volume. I just started up the Driveware and went to the crossover module and found the gain slider. This does work perfectly for adjusting the gain in stereo.

Oh, and I just found out how to get more out of the front Panel: push the Next Pg button. Now I have the gain for the Crossover too. Thanks again!

James