Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion

Hot pin 3 and hot pin 2

mooney59mooney59 Posts: 4
Hi everybody.Would appreciate any help for this issue:

The Pioneer DJM 600 Main XLR outputs has hot pin '3 ' will this cause a phase problem with the dbx 260 XLR inputs,Which I presume is hot pin '2'?

Thanks.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Yes pin 2 is hot on the DR. Just pick 2 cables that can permanately be used (only) as the connection between the P & the DR. Switch the wires (3 to 2 and 2-3) on one end (only) of each cable. Mark or tag these as phase reversed cables.

DRA

But, whether in your application it will make much differene is not likely.
  • Thanks for your prompt reply.

Now I am wondering about your comment: '' But, whether in your application it will make much differene is not likely''

Do you mean speaker cone moving in when it should be moving out?

Please elaborate..

Thanks

DRA
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I may be wrong (maybe Gadget will chime in), but in that stage I don't think cone movement is affected.

If you were sub mixing into a pin 2 mixer and using other input devices that were pin 3, there could be phase isuues between the input devises. I'm not sure why I think that, but seems like I heard it somewhere.

Gadget?

DRA
  • GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Yes, in MOST current production equipment (pro) they have adopted a \"standard\" of pin 2 hot, pin 1 shield and pin 3 cold/minus. As long as you follow the same configuration from both channels, then no problems will be experienced. A balanced configuration has a \"push pull\" stage as opposed top a single ended un-blanced gain stage.
    Gadget
  • Very helpful thanks a lot.

By the way still the 260 is a wonderous gagdet! so flexible hope to get to know it better!