Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Basic set up

trshottrshot Posts: 54
edited August 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
Should I assume if I select amps and speakers that are preloaded in the drive rack that I don't have to do a gain structure? Do I just set the amps attenuators to what the DRPA display is and the wizard program loads all the settings, ie, limiters,crossovers,peq's etc? or is that just to simple!!

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Too simple...
    First off the only way your going to get PEQ's (for the most part) is when you bi-amp the tops, and the manufacturers provide the info for this purpose. Pretty much JBL...a Harmon international company. The presets that appear other than that I believe were cooked up by the DBX people.

Also, the gain structure is important to identify the mixers clip points, both channel, and master section. (how is that done with the presets in the Driverack?)

All in all I don't trust the presets..(hell I don't trust the settings JBL provides for that matter... but I have gone on record as JBL dissenter)

Gadget
  • Options
    trshottrshot Posts: 54
    I knew it was not this simple!!!

Here's where I'm at...
    I have:
    A&H wizard III board
    Jbl SR4725X 2way mains powered with Crown XTI2000 -bridged
    jbl MRX528S dual 18 subs powered with Crown CE4000-stereo

My DRPA does not have the 4725X but does have the 4725A. Can I substitute? Also no XTI2000 but has CE2000 can I sub this as well. Or select \"custom\" instead?

I have downloaded the \"pink noise\" for the Gain procedure. So I guess the next step is gain structure?
  • Options
    Again, unless you intend to bi-amp the tops, then you might just as well set up as totally custom setup and do it yourself...it only takes a couple minutes...I'm not a big JBL fan as I said but a quick check gave tunings for a biamp setup...I would...
    1 set up a custom 2X2 in the wizard... use the presets if you want but it isn't necessary...
    2 set the the HPF for the sub @ 40hz BW 18
    3 set the LPF for the sub @ about 110 hz LR24 since you are under powered
    4 there is no LPF on the hi's so well let them do what they can (the horns)
    5 either hi out to the XTI 2000
    6 lo outs to the CE 4000

go to the read me first before posting for a lot more info
    Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I concur. Not that the wizard knows any different, but Gadget miss-typed 2x2. Should have been 2x4 (or 3, if mono subs).

DRA

PS - DBX contracted me to monitor the forum almost 3 years ago and gives me $.05 every time I correct Gadget.
    Including this one, I will have made $.05. 8) Keep up the good work Gadget. :wink:
  • Options
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops

thanks Dra...

G
  • Options
    Fanman20Fanman20 Posts: 223
    “2 x 2� was deliberate by G …..just to see if Dra is paying attention
    Good work Dra
    (you past the test)
    Mark

:wink::wink::wink: