Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Help, New BOSE L-1 Set Up, Recomendations

papy4815papy4815 Posts: 2
edited September 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
I am running 1-L1 bose cylinder and 2 bass modules, from a AH mixwizard, 4- wireless shures, tracks are computer thru AH.Any ideas for best sounding set up. EQ, crossover?, limiter anything could help. The venue is church, southern gospel quartet with super low bassman. Bose has abuilt in crossover at 200hz. Thanks everybody

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Not nearly enough info...
    1. Are the cylinders new? if not how many hours?
    2. So your wanting to use the system fullrange, or are you wanting to use the DRPA to set xover and all functions and leave the Bose controllers out...
    3. This is a subject that has many hours of coverage @ the PSW... here... you have me, and I don't like bose, and I don't think much of the \"stick\" except in intimate settings where all mids, no highs..no lows must be bose (imagine that they added a sub...) I have NO experience with these either, but have plenty of friends in the audio community that have...

There are many reasons I said what I did, especially about the sticks... they have a nasty attribute... as time goes on (and this isn't a protracted time table) the high frequencies fall off drastically...it is documented and bose doesn't seem to give a crap about it...they continue to send out an inferior product and continue to refuse to address a documented problem...

I can help you with the application but I'm a card caring member of the \"bose blows\" club, but I'm also a professional...

Gadget
  • Options
    Hi papy4815

I like bose but have not used the sticks
    I have 802's and 502 subs

My suggestion would be use the system as designed (patch sticks out of subs) and put the DRPA as a 2x2 in front of it
    Do an auto eq as described in the FAQ
    Then adjust GEQ freq below 170 hz

The Feedback Suppression in the DRPA will be very useful in your setting

You will get an improved result with the DRPA with greater control over your system

Love to hear back with the results

Mark