Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard
Options

Settings for Yorkville E215 speakers

eguidry604eguidry604 Posts: 4
edited October 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
What settings can be used for using Yorkville E215 speakers in the Bi-amp mode to get great sound?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Before we will help you you need to go to the READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING section and at least find out what information we need in order to answer your questions...
    Gadget
    FYI..our purpose here is to EDUCATE as much as empower, therefore you need to take an active part in your education..I have the Elite 2204's the precursor to those speakers you have...and I know them very well, and tuning them is no easy task...
  • Options
    Please forgive me Gadget. I am using the Driverack PA which has change our sound system alot. We are using 3 Yorkville E215 speakers as cluster for Mid/High output with QSC PLX 3402 amps, and Peavys Sub 15\" for the low output with QSC PLX 3402 amps. We are using Yahama MC32/12 mixing board. Our church worship area is 65' X 175'. When using the Driverack config wizzard it asks for the type speakers for Mid/Hi when setting up in the 2X6 mode (3 Way). My question is, which setting is best to use in the DriveRack Pa library. What is also best way to set up the crossover for quality sound without feedback.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Select all \"Custom\" speakers.

Download the P215 processor and try to duplicate the bi-amp curves on the graph with the PEQ's. I do think that it is going to be difficult, but possible. The bi-amp crossover at the horn is 2K (according to the graph).

Give that a shot. The 2204's have a 2\" exit horn (yours 1\") and the processor curve for bi-amping is greatly different, so Gadget's data won't do you any good.

Good luck.

DRA
  • Options
    I still need model numbers for the subs, how many amps..Do you have the measurement mic?

I wouldn't use any preset ...I would instead set up an all custom preset.

So I would:

Set up a 2X5 or 2x6 with all custom speakers and amps
    Make sure to go stereo and not dual mono
    Load the configuration
    Dra.. at the bottom of this page http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/servman/sme215.pdf they show the crossover.. but I don't recommend going that low (1000hz)....I need the info I asked for, but:
    hipass the subs BW 18@ 45 hz
    Lopass @ 100 LR 24
    Tops, Hipass 100hz LR 24
    lopass @1700-20000 hz LR24
    Hipass the horn @ whatever you set the midrange @ Note the higher the xover the greater the longevity of the horn driver diaphragm...

A few hz spread at the crossover points can help minimize interaction in the crossover regions..
    G
  • Options
    The Peavy sub is model 415 sub enclosure. I have 3 QSC PLX 3402 amps. I use one amp for Hi output to the Yorkville E215, another for Mid output to the Yorkville E215, and the last as the Low output to the Peavy 415 Subs
  • Options
    Did you download the yorkie E215 processor settings like Dra suggested? What are they? Those are OLD world subs and we would need to know what you expect to use them for...(what kind of music/performance?
    We need more info here, you haven't given us the information necessary to help you. You haven't read the material provided we asked you to read and we can't simply provide the answers.. it just isn't the way we work.
    Gadget