Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Configuration Wizard

Settings for EV Sx500+?

SevarinSevarin Posts: 12
edited October 2008 in PA Configuration Wizard
Hi folks,

has anyone settings for 2 Sx500+ Speakers and a QSC PLX2-3602 Amplifier? I run them in Stereo Mode. Passive, no subs.

Comments

• DraDra Posts: 3,777
    If you are hoping that someone has set up outside and done an Auto-EQ and tranferred the data to the PEQs for a truly flat response, then you are being a little lazy. It will do you good to do it yourself. It would be nice if someone has the info for you to compare with. But consider what if they didn't know what they were doing and gave to bad info.
    For the filter settings, use the -3db point on the low end to set the HPF and use BW18.

I just check the specs on that cab. EV recommends a HPF at 45hz (-10db at 43hz, no -3 spec), so 50hz sounds good to me.

That amp is an excellent choice for those speakers. Do a gain structure to set the amp levels. You will probably come up with about 10 o'clock or 40%, but do the gain structure and set the limiter as posted.

DRA
  • SevarinSevarin Posts: 12
    Wow, ok... Thank you very much for all the information, but I'm pretty lost now. I'm really new to all this, so I would appreciate an explanation, in a way even I can understand it.
  • DraDra Posts: 3,777
    You can go to the READ ME FIRST SCETION above and read up there. Very detailed info on a number of topics. I assumed that you had already read those posts.

Do that, then come back with specific questions if you have them.

DRA