Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series Configuration Wizard
Options

Connect DR260 to Smaart v6

twhite902twhite902 Posts: 7
What is the best way to connect a Driverack 260 with Smaart v6? I’m using a laptop with Vista and connecting to the DR260 with a USB serial adaptor (Keyspan USA 19hs). Is it possible to get the reference and measurement signals through the USB serial connection? If so, how do I configure it? Or, do I have to use a splitter to connect the reference signal to my sound card?

Thanks,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    i guess it depends on your particular setup...

I would assume your laptop and FOH mixer are in the same place. The driverack could be there as well or remote, depending on your preferences.

Either way, the reference(source) is typically the original signal coming from your CD player or Mixer. The measurement signal comes from mics placed around the room. Since laptop sound cards essentially suck, you'll want to get an external unit, typically USB with the proper preamps and I/O connection capability, to interface the sound to your laptop. Smaart interfaces via drivers to remote control the driverack from your laptop.
  • Options
    Thanks. I guess I was thrown off by the XLR connection on the DR260 for the measurement mic. I got it from here.