Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

260 and Zones

rschultzrschultz Posts: 50
Hi,

Considering the purchase of a 260 for our church. Could have up to 4 speakers in the sanctuary... this leaves 2 outputs to other areas (like lobby and nursery). Manual suggests using Zones with a zone controller. How exactly does this work? ZC1 and 2 have volume control. Would I put this controller in the nursery and use as volume control... so I'd have to run a really long cat5 cable to the nursery. This would then change the line level output before my amp (70V system).
The 260 manual is extremely vague on this type of setup... is there another place I could look for detailed explanation of zone setup?

thanks.
Ryan

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    have you gone here:
    http://www.dbxpro.com/techsupport.php
    and perused the training modules there?
    Gadget
  • Options
    The training modules are interesting, but the one for the 260 doesn't work.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I just went to the online version and it worked fine.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Can you not apply the info from the zone pro to the 260?
    G
  • Options
    The driveware tutorial works, but the one entitled \"Driverack 260 Module\" does not. Yes some from the Zonepro may apply.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    That is a heading. Select the online or download version below it in the pull down menu.

DRA
  • Options
    Hello All,

The ZC series won't work inline with a 70 Volt system. This is how the ZC's work:

1) The ZC plugs straight into the head device (in this case a DriveRack 260).
    2) The head device sends 5 Volts to all connected ZCs.
    3) The ZCs then apply an amount of resistance-dependent upon the setting-and send this Voltage back to the head device through one of the remaining wires in the Cat5 cable.
    4) The head device interprests this Voltage value and makes the changes in it's DSP.

Note: Make sure that there are no lines (such as AC or 70 Volt feeds) that run in parallel with the Cat5 cable as this can cause interference (i.e. random functionality or non-functioning ZCs).

:)