Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriveRack 200 Series 200 Series General Discussion
Options

Portable GUI files????

John SJohn S Posts: 29
I've been running the GUI on my home computer. I'm at work now and have downloaded the GUI on my work computer. I just did a new set up. If it hit \"SAVE DEVICE\" and then email that file to my home computer, is that all I need to load it into the DR260 through my home computer. In other words, is that the whole program file I just created?
TIA
john

Comments

• Options
    John SJohn S Posts: 29
    by the way, it's a .dwd file
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    That's a device file that contains unnecessary info.. What you want to do is save the program, and then Export it ...(I send it to the desktop name it so it's easy to find) then make up an email, attach the file and send it... As I will if you give me your email address..Then you can \"import it with the 260 hooked up to the computer.. follow the prompts...

Gadget
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    I can never remember which \"save\" is best so I do both.
    Gadget can you define the difference between a device and a program.

DRA
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Sure..
    To my knowledge, the .dwp only contains information that pertains to a preset.. the .dwd contains all the information.. even the information like preferences..delay allocation...LCD contrast...preset location...and utility setups...clearly a far bigger file with extraneous info...
    G