Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads DriverRack PA & DriveRack PA+ PA Connectivity
Options

Driverack new owner- dumb drummer needs help

saspin7983saspin7983 Posts: 3
edited February 2009 in PA Connectivity
I need some help hooking up my new Driverack PA. This is just a simple PA for band rehearsals. I have read the manuals and reviewed the posts looking for help.

I am using the following equipment.
Behringer Xenyx 2442 mixer
Crown CE1000 Amp
2-Peavy PVM-15 monitors
2 Samson XP-200 Active Speakers

How do I hook this up? I can set up the Crown and the Peaveys using the wizard. How do I hook up the Samson Active speakers?

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Are you wanting to have a monitor mix and a (different) house mx? All in the DRPA? It is hard to speculate on what you WANT to achieve if you don't tell us. Is this your \"playing\" system?

DRA
  • Options
    First let me say, I am a PA novice, so I aplogize for my ignorance here.
    This is a small house pa setup for band practice. I am not looking to run a seperate monitor and front of house mixes. Before I had the driverack, I was running both pairs of speakers through a dual band eq.

Left and right out of the Mains from the mixer to the eq. I ran one channel out of the eq to the one Samson Active speaker and then daisy chained the other Samson. For the second channel I went from the eq to the amplifier (bridged) and from the amp to one peavey monitor and daisy chained the other monitor to that.

With the Driverack I thougt I could eliminate the eq and just run all 4 speakers through this system? I would like to run the 2 Peavy monitors in stereo through the Crown Amp and the 2 Samson Active speakers in stero out of the drive rack. thanks
  • Options
    DennisDennis Posts: 801
    Running two different sets of speakers independently through a DRPA may be a bit awkward. Or not. But I am going to run a standard configuration by you and it includes the EQ you want to jettison.

Go main left and right out of your mixer into DRPA. The correct output connectors from the DRPA will depend on the program selected. Gadget will assist you with this selection. You will then go out of the two correct DRPA output connectors into your left and right Samson XP-200.

Go out of AUX 1 SEND from your mixer into channel 1 in of your EQ. Go from channel 1 out of your EQ to channel 1 in (or the left channel in) of the crown amp. If you are still in bridge mode, go from the two red or the two positive speaker connectors to the input of the first Peavy monitor and out of the first Peavey monitor to the input of the second one. On all of the input channels on your mixer, switch Aux 1 to \"PRE\".

Although you said you didn't need it, this will give you an independent monitor mix. How bad can that be?

Dennis
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    As Dennis indicated you really can't go out to one set of speakers and then daisy chain another set of different speakers and expect them to sound good. As Dra indicated, the DRPA isn't the ideal speaker processor to do 2 different mixes...you can but many of the features are tied together...

If your going to insist on 2 different mixes you'll need a dual mono input and a 2X4 output. This will allow you to feed 2 like speakers from the Hi outs, and two DIFFERENT speakers form the 2 mid outs...You'll get 3 band EQ from the hi outs and 2 band PEQ's outs from the mids...you can auto EQ separately, and very little else...

For the setup Dennis suggested you only need a 2x2 configuration with the outputs from the hi outs used...

The 260 can provide 2 completely separate mixes... the DRPA cannot.
    G