Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

What's your poison?

After you get everything tuned up and in, what is your favorite music (songs or entire albums) that you push through your system(s)?

My favs are:

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime (for the heavy side)
The Juliana Theory - Emotion is Dead (medium alt rock)
Burlap to Cashmere - Anybody Out There? (lighter side, acoustic rock)

Comments

• Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Steely Dan any and all
    Dread Zeppelin any and all
    Joe Satriani Surfing with the alien
    Toto Red album
    Pink Floyd Darksides..Momentary lapse...
    Police...
    Little Feat...waiting for Columbus
    Mannheim Steamroller 2 Songs from the wood
    Molly Hatchet Dreams I'll never see
    Diana Krall...
    Dire Straits...
    Eagles Hell freezes over
    Frank Zappa...
    Dragon Force
    Avenged Seven Fold
    Disturbed
    Thousand Foot Crutch
    Brad Paisley with Allison Krause.. Whiskey Lullaby
    Nickelback..So much better
    Primus...pork soda
    Steve Earle....

Just to name a few
    :wink:
  • Options
    Wow G!

Those are EXCELLENT! Avenged Sevenfold? Primus? I would list those too! I don't know if you have ever listened to the Operation Mindcrime album before, but it is and has been an incredible production. An entire album with a (demented) storyline and rock solid mastering.

Brad Paisley is so great. \"Inside the Fire\" from Disturbed...equally true. Have you heard the track \"Soldiers\" from Drowning Pool?

You're genre of musical taste has about as much ADD as mine does.

~B~
  • Options
    GadgetGadget Posts: 4,915
    Ah yes my friend, that as they say is just, as they say, the tip of the Weisberg...(from the duo Dan Fogelberg and Tim Weisman...)

Queensryche, Ah yes knew them well.. widely believed to be the next Pin Floyd....Geoff ... what a voice, he blew it as I recall.. and had to have surgery and rehab as I recall...

My taste BIZARRE to say the least...I do love the new generation of heavy stuff.. it's just so driven and intricate...That band Dragon Force... it's hard to imagine a drummer that could do that do what he does...I mean I can see a guitarist with hammer-ons and pulloffs managing the blistering pace those guys do but I get exhausted just watching him do 1 song...

My first love is the blues and blues rock though ...

G
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Ray Coniff Singers - \"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail\".
    Zamphyr - \"Pancakes and pan-flutes\".
    BoxCar Willie - \"My heart was left on the tracks\".
    Roger Miller - \"The re-mastered basement files\". (complete volume)

DRA
  • Options
    schallerzschallerz Posts: 21
    LOL Im limited to what i can push through my system lol so:

Family Force 5
    Anberlin
    Grits
    August Burns Red
    Lecrae

lol anything with a lot of bass!!!!!
  • Options
    schallerz,

If you like bass, and the good thumpy tight kind, Pick up some Queensryche. The track \"Best I Can\" will do justice.

~B~
  • Options
    Oh, and \"Pull Me Under\" - Dream Theater.
  • Options
    The only problem is lol it has to be clean lol church environment youth pastor wouldn't be too happy.
  • Options
    Best I Can is clean. It's actually a very positive song.

\"Back street hoop star you've got it good
    You were the wonder of the crumbling neighborhood
    Now taking bids on the next six digit plan
    Showed me that my will survived
    The tragedy that came into my life
    giving me hope and the new start
    that I have\"

I have actually seen Burlap to Cashmere many times live and they're definately one for \"the Man\".

Seeing Anberlin in your list, I'm sure you've heard of Burlap. There is also the band \"The Afters\" and if you look up the song \"In My Arms (Bimbo Jones Extended Mix)\" It's the song \"In My Arms\" from Plumb, a famous Christian band. Also check out Cartel if you like Anberlin.
  • Options
    oh i didn't know my bad lol i just threw that comment out there just in case.
  • Options
    There is also another remix of the Plumb song from Bronlewee & Bose, the radio edit. If you want to hear them and can't find them to download, shoot me your email and I'll pass them on.
  • Options
    all right yea some radio mixes i can get away with but some thing like Soulja Boy's Crank Dat is something i definitely can get away with lol no matter what version lol
  • Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    The nerve of churches to control what music is played in the church. I even heard some won't allow strippers. :lol::lol:

DRA
  • Options
    LOL I can play whatever I San before service but it has to be clean but for when students are there it has to be approiate! LOL Im axctually going to play either Heartless or Love Lockdown by kanye since there is a lot of bass! :)
  • Options
    LOL I made the mistake this past Sunday of playing a song I heard on the radio off youtube on my iPhone with out looking up the lyrics and the YouTube version had a cuss word that I didn't know about! LOL my youth pastor wasn't too happy with me when that happened. LOL but the bass in that particular song is really good! LOL
  • Options
    Your boy needs to loosen up a tad. Crap happens! :D
  • Options
    lol luckily he wasn't extremely mad at me just a little angry that i played a song that i wasn't sure about the content! lol