Home dbx User Forum dbx Archive Threads dbx Archive General dbx Archive General Discussion
Options

2 x DR PA use with 4 monitor channels?

nigelfrasernigelfraser Posts: 6
I have 4 channels for fold back monitors from my A&H mixer. I have 2 DriveRack PAs. Can I use them effectively for the 4 monitor channels and if so what is the optimum measurement mic position for each set up?
Please could you recommend a set up sequence to run through? EG can I use the set up wizard twice? I get the impression that you are not keen on it.

The monitors are Celestion QXi, 4 x 12\"+1\" CDH on shallow angle stands + 3 way 15\" for the drummer + 2 x 15\" + 2\" CDH for side fill. These are powered by 2 Crown XS series amps (XS 500 + XS 700).

The venue is approximately 25m x 27m with the stage slightly to one side of centre on the shorter side. The room has a high (8m?) apex ceiling with the highest point parrallel to and about 5m in front of the stage. Plaster walls with fabric covering windows, timber floor and ceiling. Not too reflective to my ears especially when there are 350 people in there. Front of house will be a JBL active system.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    DraDra Posts: 3,777
    Mix 1 - 4) Celestions
    Mix 2 - 1) drum box
    Mix 3 - side fill 1
    Mix 4 - side fill 2
    ????
    Mix 1 - 2) Celestions
    Mix 2 - 2) Celestions
    Mix 3 - 1) drum box
    Mix 4 - side fills
    ????
    You can have 4 separate channels of GEQ, but only 2 pairs of AFS, so set up one DRPA for the most similar cabs. You can separate the PEQ's (3 for one and 2 for the other), limiters and HPF's if you set up a 2 x 4.
    I'd set the RTA mic at the musicians location (head) pointing at the monitor. I'd even consider having the muso stand there with their instrument in hand. (Ear plugs would be a benefit.

DRA